-- 2 minute read
Twitter Spaces is a popular platform for hosting virtual events where POAPs can be distributed. However, it is essential to follow some guidelines to ensure a seamless and secure minting experience for collectors and to prevent illegitimate collectors from obtaining the POAP.
Here are some guidelines that should be followed when distributing POAPs for Twitter Spaces:
- Before you share the POAP Secret, let collectors know that they should download the POAP mobile app. This will save time and ensure that they have the app ready to mint the POAP.
- Mention the numbers game: as soon as collectors enter the Secret, they’ll be presented with a screen that shows five random numbers. They will have five minutes to select different numbers in ascending order. Every time they tap a number, a new one will appear, until they reach number 1,000. This game helps ensure that only legitimate collectors who have attended the event can mint the POAP.
- Issuers should set a time limit for minting the POAP. Anything from 3 to 5 minutes is appropriate. A maximum 15-minute window provides enough time for collectors to input the Secret and mint the POAP while preventing illegitimate collectors from obtaining the POAP.
- Say the Secret near the end of the Twitter Space. This helps ensure that only those who attended the entire event will be able to mint the POAP.
- Don’t publish the Secret in written format on social media: This helps prevent illegitimate collectors from obtaining the POAP.